You struggle with it. You stress over it. This summer, why not make peace with it? These tips and products will help you love your hair at last.
Product Photography by Claire Benoist
Never brush your curls. Detangle with a wide-tooth comb after shampooing. Then: hands off!
1. Over-cleansing leaves curls dry and frizzy. Try waiting one or two days between washes. Then use Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, formulated to leave spirals springy and defined.
2. A lightweight moisturizer tames twists without flattening them. We like Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner.
3. Coarse, damaged curls look better with a second shot of moisture. Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner gently detangles and adds shine.
For healthy, defined curls, skip the blow-dryer and let locks dry naturally.
4. Does humidity give you a swelled head? The Pacific Ocean sea-algae extract in Regis DESIGNLINE Ultimate Radiance Defrizz Spray seals out wet air so strands won’t expand.
5. Tightly coiled curls need special maintenance. Shape and hold them with Moroccanoil Curl Defining Mousse.
6. The crunchy look is so over. TIGI Catwalk Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier, with essential oils, provides touchable hold and control.
For additional tips on curly hair, click here!
Learn About The Hair Book