Photo: © Joe Stevens / Retna Ltd.
At last night’s MET Ball in New York City, actress-turned-designer Mary-Kate Olsen paired a black draped dress by The Row (her line with sis, Ashley) with this rumpled, wavy-textured updo. Celebrity haristylist Charley Brown created the look using products by Wella Professionals. Here, his how-tos for recreating the do:
1. Start by washing the hair with Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo
and Wella Professionals Enrich Treatment Mask
to restore the health of the hair.
2. Coat wet hair with Wella Professionals Stay Brilliant Color Protecting Lotion
, then blow dry using a diffuser for maximum texture.
3. Once dry, separate the hair into four equal triangle-shaped sections.
4. Mix Wella Professionals Create Character Texturizing Spray
with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Hairspray
in palms and pat the cocktail down each section of hair.
5. Shake out each section for maximum volume before crossing all sections to the top point, twisting and folding all of the hair into a knotted bun secured with pins.
6. Rub the silhouette of the hairline to bring out the baby hairs and intentional flyaways (this creates that fuzzy, romantic halo effect).
7. Finish with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray
to keep all those soft hairs and loose locks in place.