Here’s a potential holiday hair look, courtesy of Pureology’s Natasha Sunshine. Sunshine whipped up the style for the Eco-Chic Fashion Show at Global Green USA’s 7th Annual Gorgeous and Green benefit in San Francisco on December 6th. We think the bouncy curls (which are described as 40s Glamour with a 70s Twist) are already party-ready, but you can up the festivity factor even further by adding a pretty jeweled hair pin or barrette. Here, how to score the style:
1. Begin with clean, dry hair.
2. Heat two small curling irons (a ½ inch barrel and a ¾ inch barrel).
3. Start at the nape spraying Pureology ColourStylist FortifyingHeatSpray protective primer before curling each 1 inch sized section with the smaller iron first. Continue until the entire nape is set.
4. Switch to the larger ¾ inch iron and continue curling until you are two inches from your part line and stop leaving the roots straight.
5. Place long clips at the line of separation between curly and straight hair and give an all over mist of ColourStylist StrengtheningControl zero dulling hairspray.
6. Let hair set for 15 minutes. Add heat if possible (a heater or diffuser can work).
7. Emulsify a pea-sized amount of ColourStylist CuticlePolisher with two sprays of ColourStylist RadianceAmplifier to create a beautiful polishing serum.
8. From the bottom up, run fingers through the set to break up the curls and create voluminous width. Lace or tease the underside of the hair for extra volume.
9. Leaving your long clips in, give a final round of spray and remove clips to finish the look.