With prom season approaching, we thought we’d devote a little space to the most flattering party-perfect hairstyles. Kicking us off, Sebastian Professional Lead Stylist Thomas Dunkin’s suggestions:
If wearing an elegant or glamorous dress, show it off by pairing it with a simple ballerina bun.
1. Apply Sebastian Professional Taming Elixir to the lengths of damp hair and blow-dry straight.
2. Once straight, pull hair back into a ponytail.
3. Twist the ponytail until it forms a bun and secure with bobby pins.
4. Spray the hair with Sebastian Professional Trilliant to boost shine and give a light hold.
Complement an edgier dress with a more funky hairstyle with tons of volume.
1. Spritz Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray to the roots of damp hair and blow-dry using a large round brush until 90% dry.
2. Divide hair one-inch sections and set with Velcro rollers.
3. Once the hair is dry, remove the rollers and brush through using a Mason Pearson brush.
4. Pull hair around to one side, take two-inch sections and twist them softly, securing the twists to the head with bobby pins.
5. Spray with Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity Hairspray for a soft hold and top it off with a light spray of Sebastian Professional Trilliant for shine.