From ponytails to middle parts, hairstyles are recycled every season, often with a new, fresh take on the classic look. Not only is Redken Creative Consultant Guido no stranger to this process, it was his exact goal for the Alexander Wang Spring/Summer 2013 show for NY Fashion Week. “The look at Alexander Wang today is a ponytail with a different point of view…I added a strip of tape down the center part which makes the style really become more than a simple pony,” said Guido.
If you want your style to be a little more attention-grabbing than usual, here’s how to get the look:
1. Create a center part on damp hair. It doesn’t need to be perfect, as it will be covered by the tape.
2. For an easier blow dry, apply Redken Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion.
3. Blow dry hair flat on top of head but leave natural texture on the bottom 2/3 of hair.
4. Collect hair tightly at the nape of the neck and tie a low pony.
5. Use a curling iron to create subtle texture and bend to the pony.
6. Place tape over the center part, continuing about an inch onto your forehead.
7. Lightly spritz Redken Fashion work 12 versatile working spray over entire head to hold style and add further texture.
Even if you don’t want to adhere a piece of tape to your hair for the day, you can still follow these steps for a super chic ponytail that will be right on trend for fall.