What’s not to love about a style that’s intentionally messy yet effortlessly chic? Of the Fashion Week looks we’ve covered so far, this is one of our favorites and probably most applicable to the every day. Add in a pair of retro sunglasses and a bright patterned headscarf and you’re good to go. Redken Creative Consultant Guido described this look as “young, lighthearted and nonchalant.”
The best part? It’s very easy to do it yourself. Here’s how:
1. On damp hair, spritz Redken Guts 10 Root Targeted
Spray Foam ($16.50, Regis Salons) over entire head to add texture and lasting hold.
2. Using a boar-bristle brush, brush your hair straight back while roughly blow drying.
3. Depending on what you prefer, wrap a headscarf or fabric headband around your head and tie at the nape of your neck.
4. Secure a loose ponytail with an elastic four inches from the ends of your hair.
5. Fold ponytail into loose, messy chignon and pin with bobby pins.
6. Finish style with Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray.