New York City-based jewelry designer Pamela Love found inspiration for her Spring/Summer 2011 collection in traditional Indian and African ornaments, astrological lunar cycles and the chemical symbols for earth, wind, fire and water. To complement her over-sized, often tribal charms, Sebastian Professional lead stylist Thomas Dunkin came up with this textured, unkempt look—that’s easily achieved in 5 easy to recreate steps:
1. Start by applying Sebastian Professional Gel Forte to wet hair for grip and hold.
2. Next, rough dry hair using just your hands and the dryer.
3. From there, twist hair into sections and spray them with Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper for texture and light hold.
4. Gently draw a flat iron over each section to create a dreaded or piece-y effect.
5. Allow the sections to cool, then loosen them with fingers and backcomb select pieces for added volume and a final look that’s textured and unkempt but still feminine.