THE HAIR BOOK SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. SPONSOR: Regis Corporation, 7201 Metro Boulevard, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55439.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico), the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) with internet access and valid email address who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and agents (and their families and members of their households, whether or not related) of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, franchisees, advertising agencies, prize suppliers, and internet providers (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Quebec, Puerto Rico, all other U.S. territories, and where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable United States and Canadian federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Three (3) random drawings will be conducted on or around January 31, 2013, February 28, 2013 and March 31, 2013. One (1) potential winner will be drawn in each drawing (3 total). All drawings will be conducted by Story Worldwide or other Sponsor designee. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received at the time of each drawing. Potential winners will be notified by email and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and (where not prohibited) Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification or winner will be disqualified, the prize forfeited, and an alternate winner may be randomly selected. Noncompliance with this time period, or the return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, will result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Potential winners who are residents of Canada must comply with the foregoing time period and correctly answer a skill-testing arithmetic problem in order to win. All materials submitted to Sponsor become Sponsor’s sole property and will not be acknowledged or returned. All taxes (if any) on prizes are the sole responsibility of each winner.
5. PRIZES: 3 winners will each receive a mini makeover (a $250 value). Total ARV of all prizes: $750. Each prize consists only of those items specifically mentioned herein. Gift card prizes are subject to the terms and conditions printed on the cards. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred exchanged, returned, or redeemed for cash, but Sponsor may substitute a prize (or portion of a prize) of equal or greater value, including cash, at Sponsor’s option. By participating, entrants agree: (1) that Sponsor may (unless prohibited by law) use winner’s name, city of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and other promotional purposes without further review or compensation in any media, in perpetuity and worldwide; (2) to hold Sponsor, its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies and other agents and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and assigns harmless against any and all claims, loss, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees), liability, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their acceptance, possession or use of a prize or their participation in this sweepstakes; (3) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all respects.
6. MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible, misplaced or misdirected entries, or for faulty, failed, garbled, jumbled, incomplete, misrouted, misdirected, scrambled, or delayed entries, transmissions, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise, which may limit a user’s ability to participate in the sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors or any other error in the printing of offers or rules or any errors in the operation of the sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for: (a) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (b) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (c) inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the website or any combination thereof; or (d) any injury or damage to participants or to any person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the website, or to be acting in any manner Sponsor deems to be in violation of the Official Rules or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and random drawings to award prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING SAME TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. CONSTRUCTION: The construction and interpretation of these rules shall be governed by the laws of Minnesota without reference to choice of laws provisions. The parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of Hennepin County, Minnesota for any dispute related to these rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
8. SPONSOR: Regis Corporation, 7201 Metro Boulevard, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55439.
9. WINNERS LIST: For names of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after April 1, 2013 to: “The Hair Book Sweepstakes” Winners List, 7201 Metro Boulevard, Minneapolis, MN 55439.